quarta-feira, 9 de abril de 2008

Push for hope

People ask me why I stare blankly into empty spaces for so long, why sometimes I can't breathe. They tell me I don't have an honest smile and they want to know how come I have the darkest circles under my eyes, always.
I tell them I don't sleep at night.
I'm just broken, is all. That button we have, the one that's right in the middle of our chests, right under the skin and over the sternum - the one that says "push for hope" - mine is broken. Always has been.
So I guess I long for sleepless nights.
And when I can, I sleep during the day.

2 comentários:

Anônimo disse...

não dormir também é
como usar morfina:
de noite é bom demais

mas pela manhã você
jura que não quer
aquilo pra sua vida

(Incontrolável como todo vício,
é a vigília noturna que me faz
estar acordado
agora)

:: anninha disse...

:: bel,
absurdo esse texto. consigo ver traços de miranda july nesse texto. posso ter?


your button may be broken, but the hope squad is all around u love pie.